Friday, July 18, 2008

What's the Avoidance?

I have 'meant' to write, a lot! And I know how good intentions work. They don't.
I have had many thoughts run through my head on 'what' to write, but those "good intention" type, thoughts never make it to the keyboard.
I've been tired.
As a new yogagoer, going 5 days a week at 6 am and 2 days at 8 am, I'm one pooped out girl.
Lots of things have been going on in the last 2 weeks (other than writing) I am realizing how deep the yoga can hit your soul. I have had times where I begin to weep in savasana due to really, really, really, letting go of 'stuff'; allowing peace to settle a little deeper with in, giving myself grace where I have not allowed it's sunshine to warm my soul, getting in control of my crazy head mixed up emotions.
Yes, this is my yoga.
I have stretched my body beyond what it's used to, and have worked hard to achieving a bit more of the poses, as my soul is trying hard to heal. I have found that I move into a deeper resting place when I sleep, some nights having a genuine sleep, which is a bonus!
But there is a deeper level of avoidance with in me, sure the writing but that is on the outside, but what are the things that I allow myself to avoid within so as not to be real with myself?
That's a REALLY good question.


Diva M

2 comments:

GraceeJ said...

Slow but steady...best healing :)
You are beautiful

Dawn Boudreau said...

You mean the world to me as well. I never consider it blathering. We have the best talks and you are a dear, dear friend! I am thrilled to be a part of your healing and your life.

Article From Focus Magazine

Maureen Washington ~ Photo by Dean Kalyan Focus Magazine November 20 & December 11 2014 JAZZ ALIVE! MAUREEN WASHINGTON &...