Monday, August 18, 2008

What's up with Racoons

I have a bass player friend who I met and performed with once in Vangroovy. We became myspace friends & facebook friends (poking is a must)! He has helped me out a couple of times with music and the likes, and has lived about 4 years in Vangroovy.
A few weeks back I was stalking his FB pages and looking at all his unique pictures. This one was a doozer! I exclaimed in my comment THREE racoons on your porch?

He quickly commented back and said no there were FIVE! FIVE!! little midnight devils! The photo opt scared them off.
Due to work etc. my friend and his wife move back east, this was about 3 weeks ago. I get a raccoon alert msg in my inbox! They are living in an apartment on the 2nd or 3rd floor and a group of THREE raccoons came to visit them on their balcony. Two were there to wrestle and the other was just a spectator. Back to my original question, "what's up with raccoons?" Are these distant Ontarian raccoon relatives to the Vancouverite raccoons coming as a welcoming committee to welcome back my friend and his wife? How could one family have their paths crossed eight times by raccoons, (and within 4 years) where through my entire life I've never had one come near my home.
There must be a unique communication that the raccoons share.... "hey we got some people friends that just moved away from Vancouver, why don't you guys go and welcome them back to Ontario" I figure the 2 wrestlers were probably fighting over who could ring the door bell.

Diva M

No comments:

Article From Focus Magazine

Maureen Washington ~ Photo by Dean Kalyan Focus Magazine November 20 & December 11 2014 JAZZ ALIVE! MAUREEN WASHINGTON &...