Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just When Things Were A Movin' and a Shakin'

Well the road of life is a strange one? Of course we all know that, but sometimes wouldn't you just like to have a boring humdrum life? A life that is typical, predictable, and a sure thing. My answer, YES! give me a season of humdrum boring predictable life cause this ol girl could use a break!
I've only been blogging for a few months and I can see the changes that have happened in my heart and soul in that short time. I feel like I've jumped forward in leaps and bounds and ready to take on the next phase of life only to be gut punched down.

DANG.....

My childrens father came home from working away after 3 months with a 30 pound tumor in his abdomen. Errrrrrrrrrrrrch that was my car coming to a complete halt.
He has been sick for the past year and could never pin point just what it was until now. Thank God he got in when he did, I don't know how much longer he could have carried on as his internal organs were so stressed by the large tumor.

Nothing in life prepares you for this or any other kind of trauma, and so you have no choice but to grab a hold of the crazy ride and hang on. We called upon our friends and churches to pray and send well wishes, which has given us a strength to walk this journey. With all the support of prayers, meals our family does not feel alone, and never before have I understood the concept of "we MUST not go through life alone" and it's even more evident though a trauma.

We are not out of the woods yet, as we are still waiting for the pathology report to tell us what the tumor was, and how they will proceed.

But we are not alone.

Diva M


Article From Focus Magazine

Maureen Washington ~ Photo by Dean Kalyan Focus Magazine November 20 & December 11 2014 JAZZ ALIVE! MAUREEN WASHINGTON &...