Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A New Favorite Drink For The Diva!

I have a secret 'day' job where I hang out a few days a week. It should be a boring job, but my personality can make a mundane job quite fun. I'm a Book-keeper for an online software company. I love my job, I work on the computer all day and get paid lots of money.
Yes, I'm Book-Keeper by day and Diva by night!! ooo la la!

So at my day job the employees list keeps increasing and the office is just bursting at the seams, I take my 4 days off and come back and there are new employees added, desks re-arranged chairs stolen! (they all KNOW never to take my chair!!)

Today our Internet was down (not good in our
line of work... but then that means you have to find things to occupy your time) they had a big meeting, I figured it would be fun to pretend we had MSN with sticky notes. One co-worker actually drew one of his emoticons, I laughed so hard!

Well with all the new employees my bosses decided to have a welcome party at their home. Well this Diva has been under a lot of stress and was quite in need of a party!!
My bosses are from the UK and started the night
by serving everyone a Pimm's! We all asked what it was... here of course is the Wikipedia version....

Pimm's is a brand of alcoholic beverages now owned by Diageo. Its most popular product is Pimm's No. 1 Cup, a gin-based beverage that can be served both on ice or in cocktails. The recipe of Pimm's No. 1 Cup is secret; it has a dark tea colour with a reddish tint, and tastes subtly of spice and citrus fruit.
Pimm's is most common in Britain, particularly Southern England. It is one of the two staple drinks at Wimbledon, the Henley Royal Regatta and the Glyndebourne opera festival, the other being champagne. As a result Pimm's has the reputation of being a drink for the upper class.
Pimm's No. 1 Cup is the essential ingredient in the Pimm's Cup, which mixes one part Pimm's No.1 with three parts lemonade or lemon soda (sometimes ginger ale or Indian tonic water), ice cubes, borage leaves (nowadays a wedge of cucumber is usually substituted for this ingredient - they have a similar taste), mint leaves and slices of lemon, orange and strawberry.


Well this Diva has found a lovely drink which goes down way too easy if you know what I mean! They served it only with the strawberries and oranges. I would probably just drink it straight up as well. I have the same affinity with the liqueur Hypnotic, a person asked what I liked to mix hypnotic with? I said mix? I like it in a tall glass with ice!

The Pimm's was a great success and some had more than others, but the bottle was emptied in short order.
Monday morning I was MSN'd about where was the Pimm's? and with that a few of us decided that we should have FRIDAY'S BUS TO WORK AND DRINK PIMM'S DAY!


In closing.....Buy a bottle with all the fixings, pretend you are getting ready to watch Wimbledon with the upper class but MAKE sure it's a Friday Night!!

Diva M

No comments:

Article From Focus Magazine

Maureen Washington ~ Photo by Dean Kalyan Focus Magazine November 20 & December 11 2014 JAZZ ALIVE! MAUREEN WASHINGTON &...