Thursday, April 15, 2010

Adventures in Recording Part 3: I'm sooo EXCITED




I just had to stop what I was doing and write an update!

I'm SOOOO EXCITED, we've booked our dates for the recording. It was seamless!
Daniel emailed the musicians and engineer with the dates that we thought would be good, and everyone said YES! May 23, 24 and 26 for the beginning bed tracks!
There was no re-figuring or having to go back and forth with dates or schedules.
I wish I could explain what a relief this is and how it just brings another level of excitement! This makes the recording more a reality that "IT'S REEEEEALLLY GOING TO HAPPEN"!

Daniel and I meet once a week to connect, rehearse songs, and create new ones. This time together helps me find more of an attachment to the new songs, which is so important to me. I like to find the truth of me in each song, as it's always my goal to live the story of the song and bring it to life... (even if it's not my story) The more I sing them, the easier the picture I am able to paint for myself and the listeners!

The new songs are WONDERFUL, and I can't wait to share them with you all! I KNOW you will love them. We will be re-doing two songs from the past adding new life and spice to them I CAN'T WAIT!!

Our plan for the next session is to do a rough recording of the tunes for the musicians to learn.

I'd love to let you have a listen to the snippets but that would spoil all the fun!
No one likes a fun spoiler!

Diva M

No comments:

Article From Focus Magazine

Maureen Washington ~ Photo by Dean Kalyan Focus Magazine November 20 & December 11 2014 JAZZ ALIVE! MAUREEN WASHINGTON &...